Camp Gordon was established in 1941 as a World War II training camp. In 1948 the Military Police (MP) School and the Signal Corps Training Center were established. In 1956 Camp Gordon was re-designated as Fort Gordon. In 1974, the U.S. Army Signal School was re-designated the U.S. Army Signal Center. In 2009, the US Army Signal Center was designated the US Army Signal Center of Excellence. In 2013, the decision was made to locate the Army Cyber Command (ARCYBER) Headquarters at Fort Gordon, consolidating and coordinating Army cyber and network operations under one commander for the first time in its history. In 2014, the US Army Signal Center of Excellence became the US Army Cyber Center of Excellence.
Fort Gordon is a globally-engaged, multi-mission, multi-service military installation providing support across a wide spectrum of training, operational, and sustainment needs. The installation is home to the U.S. Army Cyber Center of Excellence, a single Army institution responsible for Cyber, Signal, and Electronic Warfare FMP and training to support national, strategic, operational, and tactical Army cyber missions. Major tenant units include:
- U.S. Army Cyber Center of Excellence
- Army Cyber Command
- Cyber Protection Brigade
- Army Material Command
- Dwight D. Eisenhower Army Medical Center
- 7th Signal Command (Theater)
- U.S. Army Dental Lab
- National Security Agency/CSS-Georgia
- 35th Signal Brigade
- U.S. Army Dental Command
- 513th Military Intelligence Brigade
- US Navy Information Operations Command,
- 782nd MI Battalion
- 116th Military Intelligence Brigade
- 480th Intelligence Group (USAF)
- 706th Military Intelligence Group
- 139th Intel Squadron (Air Guard)
- Company D, Cytological Support Battalion (USMC)
- 359th Theater Tactical Signal Brigade (USAR)
- 201st Regional Support Group (ARNG)
- U.S. Army Regional Training Site (Medical) (USAR)
- 324th Theater Tactical Signal Battalion (USAR)
The CSRA Alliance for Fort Gordon plays a vital role in helping defend the future of this military installation that is so critically important to the Central Savannah River Area (CSRA).
CSRA business leaders and elected officials came together on February 14, 2003 to form the Alliance, which built on the strong bond that already existed between Fort Gordon and the communities surrounding it.
The primary purpose of the Alliance is to demonstrate the potential for Fort Gordon to grow existing missions and take on new missions.
Additionally, the Alliance promotes economic development through partnerships capitalizing on the information technology, communications and medical expertise prominent at Fort Gordon.
We thank you for your interest in Fort Gordon and in the CSRA Alliance for Fort Gordon. Please feel free to browse our web-site to gain information about the CSRA Alliance for Fort Gordon. We invite you to join us to strengthen this valuable resource and to support Fort Gordon and this community however you can.